by Kolapo Olapoju
1. If the Israelites could have crossed the Red Sea to get to the Promised Land, nothing can stop Nigeria from doing the same.
According to President Jonathan, we simply have to endure… till we successfully cross the Red Sea.
He said: “When God promised they were going to be given a land full of milk and honey, ordinarily one would have expected them to just walk in and get the milk and honey. But they had to cross the Red Sea; that was a challenge. Surely, we will get to where we want to go as a nation.
2. If you are still angry that Okocha was never crowned Africa’s best player, blame the “technicians”.
Issa Hayatou seems to be passing the buck about Jay Jay Okocha not winning the ‘African player of the year’ award during his playing days.
3. Henceforth, please be advised to take with a pinch of salt, the beefs of Nigerian celebrities.
Dancehall star, Timaya and music producer, K-solo have been at loggerheads for 4 years and had even vowed to never work together again.
4. Now that the US Army War College has confirmed that Buhari attended its institution, hopefully the brouhaha will simmer, no?
According to Kerr, Buhari graduated from the United States Army War College in 1980, the college confirmed on Thursday.
5. The President asked for $1 billion loan to purchase military hardware to fight against Boko Haram… and we have not heard anything since then.
Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), has asked the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, to supply him with information on the $1bn loan approved by the National Assembly to buy arms.
6. The Ibru family is enmeshed in a conflict over the chairmanship of Ikeja Hotels Plc.
7. President Jonathan wants Buhari disqualified from the presidential race… because of his academic credential.
According to Femi Fani-Kayode: “Academic qualification is a threshold issue that cannot be waived for any citizen no matter how highly-placed and irrespective of whichever region such individual comes from except as provided by the constitution.”