Alhaji Abba Kyari, was on Thursday, August 27, appointed as the new Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari.
In spite of widespread belief that the position would go to Babatunde Fashola, the appointment of Kyari, proved otherwise.
The appointment was made known by Femi Adesina, presidential spokesperson.
Here are 5 things you should know about the new Chief of Staff;
1. Abba Kyari holds Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Law and Sociology from the University of Cambridge and the University of Warwick.
2. The President’s Chief of Staff has over the years, worked with the New Nigeria Development Company, New Africa Holdings, African International Bank, United Bank for Africa, Unilever, and Mobil.
3. Kyari has dabbled into journalism, as he was once an editor with the New Africa Holdings Limited Kaduna, publishers of Democrat newspapers.
4. The new Chief of Staff was the Borno state commissioner for forestry and animal resources in 1990.
5. Kyari served as honorary member of the presidential advisory council on investment in Nigeria between 2000 and 2005.