by Jewel Stephen
Within the oil and gas sector, international players such as BP and Chevron have embraced digital and social media, defining their voice, connecting to consumers and establishing themselves as thought leaders.
In Nigeria, oil & gas companies are yet to embrace social media and its benefits. At our Social Media Week session we will give the most promising tech individuals in Nigeria a platform to present their ideas to professionals from the technology and oil & gas sector and the investment community.
The participants would be competing for the opportunity to implement their ideas in Oando PLC.
Utilising the latest digital and social trends, participants are to develop an idea, which would become a project to embrace the digital age.
The winning project will:
- Have strategic insights and in depth understanding of digital trends
- Be innovative and have cost saving solutions
- Have the ability to be implemented in the business with actionable tasks and measurable goals/KPIs
- Embrace the audacious nature of the brand
- Expand the dialogue beyond the brief, thinking about potential issues and opportunities
Interested participants should send their resume and a 300-word concept note* of their proposed idea to [email protected] by 4pm, Tuesday, 24th February.
A shortlist of project participants will be contacted and announced on 12pm, Wednesday, 25th February.
* Please note that the panel will be critiquing, questioning and judging the selected ideas for authenticity and robustness
Please follow the link for more information on the task or if you’d like to register to attend our panel discussion or watch participants pitch their project ideas at our Social Media Week event