These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
- Corruption: Beam your lens on serving ministers, key officials in your govt, Ozekhome tells Buhari
Lawyer and Human rights activist, Mike Ozekhome had lauded President Muhammadu Buhari over his decision to suspend the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal and the Director-General of the Nigerian Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ayo Oke.
2. Babachir’s suspension long overdue, commendable – Senate
The Senate on Wednesday described the suspension of Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal as a welcome development.
3. Malabu oil deal: N’Delta group vows to resist attempt to summon Jonathan
The Niger Delta Advancement Front has said it would resist moves by the House of Representatives to summon former President Goodluck Jonathan over the controversial Malabu oil deal.
4. 745 persons killed by meningitis in 8,057 cases – FG
The Federal Government on Wednesday said 745 persons have been killed in 8,057 suspected cases of Cerebrospinal Meningitis across the country.
5. INEC to begin continuous voters registration on April 27
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said it would begin the nationwide continuous voters registration exercise on Thursday, April 27, 2017.