These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
- Stop acting as a ceremonial, part-time President | Fayose tells Buhari
Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose has said President Muhammadu Buhari has recently been functioning as a ceremonial and part-time President.
2. That report is pure mischief | Presidency denies report of Kyari, Daura’s resignation
The Presidency on Sunday said contrary to reports, the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari; and the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Lawal Daura, have not resigned.
3. ‘$50m probe: NIA officials to appear before panel today’
The panel led by Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo saddled with the responsibility of investigating the suspended Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Amb. Ayo Oke, and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal has demanded that some NIA officials appear before it today.
4. FG to reward whistleblowers on illegal possession of weapons
The National Security Adviser, Maj-Gen. Babagana Munguno (rtd) has started plans to ensure the recovery of illegal weapons through whistleblowing.
5. French Elections: Macron, Le Pen lead first round, through to run-off
Centrist candidate, Emmanuel Macron will face far-right leader Marine Le Pen in a run-off for the French presidency on May 7.