These are the top five stories to monitor today
1. Budget padding: EFCC invites Dogara
The Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) has invited the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, over allegations of budget padding.
2. Presidency did not sign a padded budget
The Presidency says that the 2016 Appropriation Bill signed by the President wasn’t padded.
3. Jonathan is a sponsor of Avengers
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has alleged that former President Goodluck Jonathan is a sponsor of Niger Delta Avengers.
4. Boko Haram fleeing to Europe
Due to food scarcity, Boko Haram terrorist in the northeast are allegedly fleeing the northeast for Europe.
5. Minister of Education is unaware of increase in fees for unity schools
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, has said he didn’t approve a 300 percent increase in school fees of federal government colleges across the country.