These are the top five stories to monitor today
1. In Kaduna it is school or jail
Kaduna state Governor, Nasir el-Rufai has said that parents in the state who fail to send their wards to school in September would be jailed.
2. Army did not arrest our members -Avengers
Militant group, Niger Delta Avengers, has denied claims by the Nigerian Navy that it arrested two of its members.
3. Ministry of sports refunds Mikel Obi
The Ministry of Youth and Sports has refunded the sum of $4,600 spent by captain of the Under-23 team Mikel Obi on his team.
4. I am qualified to run for President -Ali Modu Sheriff
Factional national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ali Modu Sheriff, has disclosed that he is a principled man that can contest for the Presidency.
5. Fayose says President Buhari is afraid of the unknown
Ekiti state Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has said that President Muhammadu is afraid of the unknown hence why he is appointing his immediate family members and associates.