These are the top five news stories to monitor today
1. Obasanjo denies advising Buhari not to contest 2019 election
Forrmer President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Sunday denied a report claiming that he told President Muhammadu Buhari not to contest in 2019.
2. Your policies caused the recession – PDP tells APC
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has blamed the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) for the ongoing economic difficulties.
3. We didn’t collect money from APC
The Ekiti state Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has denied the allegation that labour leaders in the state collected N25 million from the All Progressives Congress (APC)
4. Army arrest Boko Haram bomb maker
The Department of State Services (DSS) has said that it arrested suspected Boko Haram bomb specialists who had planned to infiltrate the military by joining the Nigerian Army.
5. Oshiomhole sent policemen after our members – PDP
The PDP in Edo State has alleged that governor, Adams Oshiomhole, ordered the deployment of policemen in the government house to harass and arrest its members