Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu has said he cannot confirm the rescue of oil workers kidnapped by Boko Haram.
He said this while speaking with journalists at the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) towers in Abuja, on Thursday.
“We only heard, but can’t confirm if anyone has been rescued,” he said.
The terrorists had laid an ambush for the oil workers in Magumeri local government area of Borno state.
Nine soldiers and some members of the civilian joint task force (CJTF) who were providing security for them were killed.
But the army had said its soldier rescued the workers a day later.
”So far, we have rescued all the NNPC staff and recovered the corpses of the officer, eight soldiers and a civilian have who have been evacuated to 7 division medical services and hospital,” Sani Usman, army spokesman, he said.