JTF says: Wanted Boko Haram commander, Mohammed Chad killed in Maiduguri

JTF

The Joint Task Force on Operation Restore Order on Saturday confirmed the killing of a Boko Haram commander, Mohammed Chad, during a special operation in Maiduguri.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, JTF’s spokesman, Lt.-Col. Sagir Musa, made this known via a statement in Maiduguri on Saturday.

Musa said, “A special operation was conducted at Ruwan-Zafi area of Maiduguri by troops of the JTF and operatives of the State Security Services last Friday.

“The operation led to the death of a notorious terrorist commander, a.k.a. Mohammed Chad, an indigene of Marte,  Borno, who had been on the wanted list of the JTF.”

He said the late Chad was linked to many terrorist attacks in Borno and other states in the recent past.

“Intelligence reports indicate that he was involved in the planning and the execution of many terror attacks in and outside Borno.

“For instance, he masterminded the attack on Sanda Karami Secondary School at Ruwan Zafi on March 13, where a teacher was killed and some female students injured.

“He is believed to be the successor to the late Ba’ana Assalafi, a key commander who lost his life during a shootout with security agencies in Sokoto on March 13,” the statement added.

Read more: Punch Newspapers

One comment

  1. That is an aplauds to the JTF!That means that Nigerian security can do what the Us soldiers is doing! JTF is not relenting keep it up,Nigerian have trust in you and you will the battle Kudos!

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail