These are the top five stories that drove the conversation today.
- Markafi urges Sheriff to embrace dialogue
Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) national caretaker committee, Ahmed Markafi, has called on the sacked chairman of the party, Ali Modu Sheriff to embrace dialogue over the Edo state gubernatorial primary.
2. Court asks EFCC to explain reason for freezing Fayose’s account
A federal high court in Ado Ekiti has asked the EFCC and Zenith Bank to explain why the account of Ekiti state governor, Ayodele Fayose, was frozen.
3. Return my symbol of authority -Tompolo tells Buhari
Former militant leader, Government ‘Tompolo’ Ekpemupolo, has written to President Muhammadu Buhari laying several complaints.
4. Fani-Kayode remanded in prison
Ex-minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, and two others, have been remanded in prison by a court pending the hearing of their bail application.
5. FG clears Buratai of any wrong doing
The Nigerian government has investigated and cleared the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, of any corrupt practice.