These are the top five stories you should be monitoring today.
1. BREAKING: INEC names Jimoh Ibrahim as PDP candidate for Ondo election
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has named Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim as the flagbearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the November 26 governorship election in Ondo State.
2. 25 skulls, skeleton found by troops in militants shrines
Troops of the Joint Task Force (JTF), Operation Delta Safe (ODS) discovered 25 human skulls at four militant shrines.
The shrines, which were discovered at Ikot Ene Idam, Abakpa and Ikang creeks of the councils belonged to a notorious militant group, the Bakassi Strike Force (BSF).
3. BREAKING: Senate amends CCT Act
The Senate on Thursday amended the Code of Conduct Act 2016.
The House of Representatives had earlier made some amendments, the upper chamber on Thursday passed the bill.
4. How Fayose’s aide distributed N1.2bn – Witness
A witness has given a vivid description on how the sum of N1.2bn was disbursed by an aide to Governor of Ekiti, Ayodele Fayose.
5. Traditional rulers are nothing, God is the Almighty – Ooni of Ife
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi has urged traditional rulers in the country to promote unity stating that Obas are nothing.
Dolapo is a writer and journalist who works with YNaija. He has interests in Christianity, politics and sports.