These are the top five stories that drove conversations today.
- #RiversRerun: PDP’s Sekibo declared winner of Rivers East senatorial district
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), George Sekibo winner of the rerun election in Rivers east senatorial district.
2. #UCLdraw: Again! It’s Bayern Munich vs Arsenal, as PSG draw Barcelona
The round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League sees Arsenal face perennial foes in this round Bayern Munich.
Paris Saint Germain will host Spanish champions Barcelona, while defending champions Real Madrid will face Italian side Napoli.
See full draw here.
3. Antonio Guterres sworn in as UN Secretary-General
Former Prime Minister of Portugal, Antonio Guterres was on Monday sworn in as the General-Secretary of the United Nations (UN) by the General Assembly.
4. Why we banned vehicle importation through land borders – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari says the ban on importation of vehicles through land borders was to encourage Nigerians to patronise locally assembled vehicles.
5. I didn’t order the retirement of 2 service chiefs – Defence Minister
The Minister of Defence Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali has denied rumours that he issued a directive ordering the retirement of two service chiefs: Chief of Defence Staff General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin and Chief of the Naval staff Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas.