These are the top five stories that drove conversations today.
- Buhari presents 2017 budget to the National Assembly
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday presented the over N7.8trn 2017 budget to the joint session of the National Assembly.
2. Senate wants SGF prosecuted over North East contracts fraud
Some senators on Wednesday demanded the prosecution of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal.
Lawal allegedly owns one of the companies awarded contracts in the rehabilitation of the North-East.
3. We will focus more attention on infrastructure in 2017 – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday said his administration will focus more on infrastructure in the coming year while presenting the 2017 budget to the joint session of the National Assembly.
4. Unpaid allowances: You’d be paid in 48 hours, Kyari assures Falcons
The issue of unpaid allowances between the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and the Super Falcons will be resolved in two days, according to Abba Kyari.
5. Super Falcons protest non-payment of allowances
Nigeria’s female football team, the Super Falcons stormed the gate of the National Assembly on Wednesday protesting the non-payment of their allowances by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).