Ifeanyi Ejiofor, lawyer to the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu has said South-East politicians are cowards who would do anything to secure their political positions.
The lawyer said this in a recent interview with SaharaReporters.
- The South-East governors Forum had proscribed the activities of IPOB after clashing with soldiers.
- Nnamdi Kanu and his father had also disappeared after soldiers allegedly attacked his residence in Abia.
- Former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu had also said Kanu fled to London through Malaysia.
What Kanu’s lawyer said:
- Politicians from the South-East did not support Nnamdi Kanu because of their selfish agenda.
- He claimed the current crops of politicians in the region of the country would be swept out of office.
“Southeast governors have no power to say IPOB is a terrorist and that is very certain. I condemned it, and they’ve withdrawn it saying they never at any point say that. What they said is a political statement to obtain favor from the federal government.” Barrister Ejiofor said.
The lawyer added, “Some of them are cowards and are saying that because they want to secure their political offices. We will mobilise youths who will come out in 2019 to sweep out all of the politicians.”
Responding to Kalu’s claim, he said;
“Orji Uzor Kalu is a politician who I believe is looking for an avenue to get favour from the government and that is why he is saying what he is not sure of.”
“I asked if he was there with the rampaging soldiers when the premises was invaded? He was not there. Also, he said my client went to London through Malaysia. Travelers will tell you it is not possible for somebody to travel to Malaysia and from there to the United Kingdom, it is not possible. Kalu’s statement is false and targeted at causing mischief because the military knows they have my client.”