The effectiveness and awareness on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Africa are still very minimal. Thus it is imperative to do more especially getting the media involved in driving this message. TOG teams up The Good Fathers Foundation decided to kickstart the SDG MEDIA ZONE AFRICA in a bid to help localize the Global Goals
The SDG Media Zone Africa is a replica of the SDG MEDIA ZONE organized by the Public Affairs Division of the United Nations in New York and across America and Europe. It is in format of interviews, panel discussions and keynote speeches. It seeks to create, connect, and highlight the initiatives that the African community is working on to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. Bringing together well-known personalities, content creators, influencers and media partners. The Zone provides a dynamic space to strengthen the commitment of the international community in support of the 2030 Agenda. The panelists for this maiden event include; Mr Tonye Cole, Bukonla Adebakin, Juliet Ibrahim, Olisa Adibua, Mfon Ekpo, Idia Aisen, Nnaedu Umeohia, Tokunbo Olorundanmi and Imoh Eboh.
According to the Executive Producer and Founder of SDG MEDIA ZONE AFRICA, Chukwuebuka Anyaduba, Africa is lagging behind in the implementation and localization of the Global Goals. A lot of African leaders, youths and stake holders are yet to create awareness for the Goals, thus it became apposite that an SDG MEDIA ZONE for Africa be created to drive the message’. This event is slated to hold on 24th June 2019 at Oriental Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria.
WHY SDG MEDIA ZONE AFRICA?
- To promote the process of localizing the Global Goals
- To promote the progress around SDG in Africa
- To activate Media personalities, journalists, celebrities, etc across Africa towards 2030 Agenda
- To link global partnerships with African SDG Promoters
KEY MESSAGE: To activate partnerships and discussions as a call to action for humanity to engage the Sustainable Development Goals across Africa
- Innovations will spring out through panel discussions and feedbacks
- Acceleration of effective implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- Stakeholders are mobilized and committed to localize global agendas
PARTNERS & SUPPORTS
Pvblic Foundation (US)
The Good Fathers Foundation
International Climate Change Development Initiative
The Future Project
Official Media Partner: YNaija
- Organize Live sessions of SDG MEDIA ZONE at major events across Africa
- Set up a team of industry insiders and seek partnerships to drive the event
- After every successful event, write a detailed report on the event to the UN
- Strategically grow a carefully selected team of SDG MEDIA ZONE organizers across Africa