Both of you are breaking every dating rule in the book calling and texting just hours after your first date instead of the requisite two days
1. He actually measures up to the impossible romantic standards set years ago by your high school boyfriend (who turned out to be gay).
2. You’ve forgotten to Facebook stalk—ahem, caringly check up on the life circumstances of—the college boyfriend you never got over.
3. You don’t need drinks to have fun together.
4. You don’t wake up mortifyingly embarrassed because you drank too much together the night before.
5. Watching American Idol together feels like a dream date. So does cooking a frozen pizza, cleaning your apartment together, or staring silently at each other.
6. You stopped checking your online dating profile for new hits, winks, messages, hot lists, etc.
7. You can work his name into any conversation. (“Speaking of spoons, he did the cutest thing on our first date where he stirred his coffee with a spoon …”)
8. You can’t help kissing him passionately when he reveals he’s looking for a real relationship—and hoping to God you can have exactly just that with him.
9. You’ve forgotten all about that friend you’ve been secretly pining for over the last several years.
10. Both of you are breaking every dating rule in the book: calling and texting just hours after your first date instead of the requisite two days; hooking up on the second date; introducing each other to parents and friends weeks after meeting. And, lo and behold, instead of “ruining” your relationship, these “bad decisions” just keep turning out perfectly.
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.