These are the top five stories you should be monitoring today.
1. “Soldiers burnt our village and took away our property”– Boko Haram survivors
Survivors of the Boko Haram attack on June 7, in Ali Dawari village of Jere, Maiduguri, Borno state capital, have alleged that Nigerian soldiers burnt their village and carted away their properties.
2. MASSOB visits Arewa, insists on peace
The leader of MASSOB, Ralph Uwazurike, has called for peace as he meets with Northern groups in Kaduna.
3. “Stop causing mayhem in order to save your dying career – Bello tells Melaye
4. 8 Agencies allowed to operate at the ports
The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has clarified that eight agencies of the Federal Government are allowed to operate and be representated at the ports in the country by virtue of a 2011 presidential directive.
5. President Trump holds first full cabinet meeting
On the road to Making America Great Again, President Trump had his first full Cabinet meeting to “explain” that Russian investigation and every other distraction the White House has had, doesn’t mean his administration isn’t making major strides and accomplishments.
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram