Terrorist group, Boko Haram has reportedly established a radio station.
Residents of a village in Cameroon claim to have picked up the signals at different times in the past few months.
Here are 5 things you should know about the terrorist radio station.
1. The Hausa service of the Voice of America confirmed the creation of the Boko Haram radio station which is on 96.8 frequency modulation.
2. The terrorist sect is believed to have launched the radio station to disseminate information on their activities in Nigeria and other parts of Africa. Some residents in Tolkomari village in the northern part of Cameroon, were quoted to have said they received signals from the radio station.
3. The purpose of the radio station is to broadcast propaganda to counter media reports of victories by troops from Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon and Niger Republic against the militants.
4. The locals revealed that the radio station broadcasts most often in the aftermath of a terrorist attack.
5. The Cameroonian government is reportedly working on ascertaining the location of the radio station.