by Esho Wemimo
Clothes come in various types, there are plain clothes, plaid clothes, and polka dotted clothes. There are also animal printed clothes, floral clothes, stripped clothes, and geometric printed clothes.
Prints are always in fashion; they attract us with their enticing lines, geometric shapes and animal print element. If one single colour just isn’t enough for you, liven up your outfit with a printed clothing or accessory. Prints have the ability to transform your entire look.
This is a fierce look as it highlights the wild side of a lady; it’s for women who love to stand out. Animal prints can come in a variety such as cheetah skin, snake skin, crocodile skin, tiger skin, leopard skin. Wearing bold animal prints says a lot about the wearer, it gives the wearer a daring look. To pull off the animal printed look it’s important to note the following
1. Less is more; jewellery should be minimal so as to keep the print as the focal point of the ensemble
2. There shouldn’t be more than one key piece that has animal print on it for an outfit
3. Accessories such as shoes and bags that would go perfectly with animal prints should be plain but bold. For example, red shoes or a red clutch is the perfect finishing to an animal printed dress.
Floral printed outfits are clothing items which have printed flowers on them. They are very pretty and feminine and bring out the soft side of a lady.
These are fabrics which have abstract prints on them. They are also as equally eye catching in their prints that make you curious and bright colours.
Ignore the rule of fashion that preaches against the mixing patterns you can mix geometric prints as long as it’s done properly, as looking like a mess of patterns and shapes says nothing positive about your exquisite fashion sense.
1. If you find mixing too complicated: try a busy prints on the top, and keep it simple and monochrome on the bottom, or pick a plain top and add detail in the bottom. If you’re planning on wearing a coloured geometric print, choose one colour of that particular shade to blow life into the other half of your outfit and you are home, dry and looking chic!
2. To accessorise geometric-printed outfits, it is best you choose your accessories in a contrasting colour. For example, a full length dress with dark blue geometric prints will look astonishing if paired with a bright yellow clutch for a pop of colour.
3. As far as jewellery is concerned, don’t overdo it, less is more with prints. Keep things simple by selecting bangles or other pieces in gold or silver, ditch accessories that have rhinestones.
The most important thing is to have fun with it with prints. Prints are meant to be fun and exciting, so the best way to update your wardrobe and catch everyone’s attention is to integrate pieces decorated with lovely and wild prints and look alive.
About the author: Wemimo is sociology major, blogger and aspiring journalist. Music lover, contributor with the aim of owning a 5000 square foot wardrobe and ridding the world of carrot jeans. I have an ardent passion for top quality art, fashion and books.
Follow @ynaija on Twitter