by Hauwa Gambo
The good guys at Premium Times have tracked what they have confirmed as Liberia’s Deputy Finance Minister, Sebastian Omar defending himslf against charged of incompetence for clearing Patrick Sawyer to travel to Nigeria for a conference while he was under observation for Ebola.
In the heated conversation tracked below, Muah stands his ground, and reveals that Sawyer was his friend.
Part of the conversation is below:
- Omar Tariq Mr. Muah did you see his blood test results or did he just simple tell you it was negative? As his superior if a man tells you his sister died from ebola and he could have been exposed do you not think it is your duty to ask the hard questions or maybe you could have reported this to the health officials? Stop making silly excuses as to not being his doctors. This does not excuse you from asking the questions as a Government official that would safeguard the lives of our citizens and your International Partners. It is your duty, again Government official not wanting to go above and beyond his duty to safe guard our population.
5 hrs · 1
- Sebastian Muah Omar Tariq a friend is dead, I DO NOT OWE YOU any explanation on your monday night quarter backing. POS was a public health practitioner if you MUST KNOW. The Uganda doctor was a MEDICAL DOCTOR if you again MUST KNOW. They are no longer. So the freaking issue is not why he lied or didn’t lie to travel. But how we address the freaking disease. IF you don’t have jack to say in that direction then frankly shut up on the subject.
- Sebastian Muah Don’t have time today frankly for your rants.
- Omar Tariq Oh hell yes you do owe Liberians and the International community an explanation Sebastian Muah, this is the complete arrogance of you people in Government. How dare you tell us such nonsense. You have through your negligence of not asking the proper questions exposed others to such a horrible Virus and you on here talking bull. A friend is dead I am sorry but you have some answering to do since you want to brag that you approved his travels.
5 hrs · 1
- Sebastian Muah they old people say empty drum can’t make noise. So you will be talking by yourself as I see you don’t know what you are talking about and as a matter of finding solution you DO NOT HAVE any but trying to find blame. WOW. Someone must have frustrated the hell out of you in Liberia O…. Take me to the international court since I am guilty of approving a travel.
Read the rest of it here.