President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of heads of five strategic health institutions in the country.
In a statement made by Bashir Ahmad, the Personal Assistant to the President on New Media, the health agencies with new heads are the Centre for Disease Control, National Agency for the Control of Aids, Nigerian Institute for Medical Research, National Primary Health Care Development Agency and the National Health Insurance Scheme.
- NIMR – Prof Babatunde Salako was the Provost, College of Medicine at the University of Ibadan before his new appointment.
- NACA – Dr Sani Aliyu was a consultant in Microbiology and Infectious Diseases at Cambridge University, UK.
- NHIS – Prof Usman Yusuf was a professor of Paediatrics at St. Jude Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, USA.
- NPHCDA – Prof Echezona Ezeanolue was a professor of Paediatrics and Public Health at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA.
- CDC – Dr Chikwe Andreas Ihekweazu was the managing partner at EpiAfric, a public health consultancy firm that focuses on Africa.
All the five appointments have already taken effect.
Leave a reply