by Kenneth Uwadi
Since May 29th, 2011, Imo State and her people have been witnessing ‘ Abracadabra’ in governance, lawlessness, insecurity, kidnapping , negative and half hazard polices, deceit and the more you look the less you see, showmanship, lies and falsification, lack of procedure and total neglect to lay down procedure and heavy debt burden to the incoming Administration .
The save Imo Group is concerned that if nothing is done and urgently too, the State may be heading to total collapse. Some records need to be put straight before Owelle Rochas Okoro led Government finally mortgages the future of our unborn children through his abracadabra. You are deformed when not informed.
First seven (7) days of Okorocha in office witnessed dictatorial tendencies, democratically elected Council Chairmen and Councillors were unjustly sacked, ten thousand youths employed during Ohakim’s administration unjustly sacked, tenured Boards & Commissions dissolved and lots more.
He also made avalanche of promises and policy statements on his administration including but not limited to Free Education from primary to University Level for Sons and Daughters of Imo State . We wouldn’t have bothered but for the saying, “A lie repeated severally may begin to assume the status of a gospel truth.”
For the avoidance of doubt, Federal Government, since the time of Olusegun Obasanjo takes care of primary 1 to JSS3 through Universal Basic Education( UBE), therefore it is not true or possible for Rochas to have given free Education for pupil within the same school bracket.
The Owelle you don’t know
Furthermore, it is noteworthy to mention here that before Owelle’s assumption of office in May 2011, that an average tuition fee in Imo State University was
N35,000.00. However, when he came up with the idea or policy of free- education we applauded him, but now it is obvious that there is nothing like free education in Imo State as widely claimed by the Rescue Mission Government.
Before now, registration for common entrance examination was
N500 (five hundred Naira) only but now it is N2000 for public school, and N2,500 for private schools, entrance into modern school was free, so far you got up to 50% and above in the common entrance, but now it is N1,700 and for every body. Price for junior WAEC has gone three times higher than what it was during Ohakim, senior WAEC now goes for about N23,000 naira, the question know is where lies the free education?
It is purely a sham, schools hardly provide Chalks, Teachers’ Notebooks, Diaries, Registers, Students Dossiers (Result booklets), today only a segment of the Imo populace enjoys the scholarship called free education for Imo, if it is free education every Imolite at the tertiary level should benefit from it no matter where he or she is schooling, just like bursary and not what is obtained today.
Undoubtedly, during Ohakim Imo State University tuition fee was pegged at
N35,000 and acceptance fee N20,000 as against Owelle’s N120,000 for tuition and N70,000 acceptance respectively. Yes, a segment of the populace got Owelle’s scholarship of N100,000 per annum of which they have required to add their N20,000.00 for the cheque to be accepted in the designated banks whereas the rest are made to pay N120,000.00.
Furthermore this deceits of the century have led to the reduction in admission of prospective students of Imo State extraction just to give room for more none indigenes who will now pay
N120,000.00 for tuition fee and N70,000.00, N100,000.00 acceptance fee, Robbing Peter to pay Paul. As we write 20% of Imolites are offered admission while 80% goes to none indigenes as against 80% for Imolites and 20% for none indigenes before now. Who is deceiving who? Imolite shine your eyes!
It is a pity that all the roads constructed by Governor Rochas are substandard (China Road), many of them needs urgent repair. We are yet to see the economic impact of Bongo squire, Heroes square, Freedom square, Ikemba square. First Lady’s New Office, Imo international conference centre and other projects that are total wastage of scarce resources. Rochas has wasted
N1.8 Trillion in three years.
Questions that must be answered by Owelle Rochas Okorocha
Where are all the huge funds allocated monthly to the 27 local Government areas in Imo State, and received for disbursement by Imo State Government since May 2011 till Date that is well above
N180 Billion? What has been done with these funds?
Which of the roads, started and completed by this administration in any of the 27 Local Government Areas or Hospital, Schools, bore holes for water or any rural electrifications etc in any autonomous community in Imo State in over three years of the life of this administration? Not those built by unsuspecting contractors/individuals with their hard earned money that is now begging for regularization and payment.
What project has been completed and commissioned?
Where is the
N26.8 billion handed over to Owelle by Ohakim?
Where is the
N13.3 billion bond proceeds for Oguta wonder lake?
What is the stage of work at the Oguta blue lake of treasure as renamed? Now covered by grass.
What has happened to the Marine Police approved as a result of the wonder lake?
Who bought or leased Adalpam Nigeria Ltd?
Where are IROMA trucks and equipments? Valued at
Where is the supposed
N3.5 billion proceeds from the sale/lease of Adalpam?
Who owns ROCHE?
Who owns ITC?
How much was paid for the lease of ITC?
And where is the money for the lease?
Who are the real owners of LAM TECH? The firm that leased our General Hospitals & Health Centres.
For how much? and to whom?
Is there no Medical Doctors from Imo State or South East?
What is the rationale behind selling the existing General Hospitals to start new ones? After the Owelle Govt told us that Govt. has no business running Hospitals
Why do Owelle claim that he has built 27 General Hospitals when all the project are below 30% completion.
Is Hospital a mere building yet to be completed? Or completed and equipped building?
What has happened to over
N30 billion 13% (derivation) allocated to Imo State oil producing Areas Dev. Commission since May 2011 to date?
What are the jobs awarded or going on in the two oil producing L.G.As. (Ohaji/Egbema &Oguta)?
Who owns ABN Global that leased Concorde Hotel?
Why short down Concorde Hotel? Creating 2000 unemployment
What is the fate of Imolites working there?
Where is the $2.5 million dollars paid for the lease of Imo Concorde Hotel?
What is the fate of our brothers who paid
N500,000.00 to procure Owerri city gates contracts. Nearly three (3) years why are the gates abandoned?
In what positive manner has Governor Owelle Okorocha impacted directly or indirectly on the lives of the people of Imo State? Are we developing or retrogressing? Has life become more unbearable for the average Imo man through his anti people, anti-masses policies and programmes?
Astronomical increase in personal income taxes when there are no jobs and the policies of government are unfriendly to private sector economic activities and hostile to the self-employed.
Astronomical increase in the state owned tertiary institution.
The destruction of people’s Houses and business premises without due compensation.
The multiple charges for re-certification of Certificates of Occupancy, and grossly inflated land charges.
Charges on personal bore-holes.
Forceful acquisition of Government & individual properties.
What has become of USBEB,MDG etc. Gone moribund.
Is the government so myopic, insensitive to public query that only person fit for sensitive contracts, appointments are the Nwosus(Okorocha’s inlaws) and another Nwosu has joined through the acquisition of Owelle Rochas Okorocha’s daughter.
What is the rational in Sacking 10,000 Imo Youth duly employed by Ohakim’s administration according to their grades to now claim to employ 25,000 casual workers by the Rescue Mission government without due process and all to receive N20,000 per month?
N13.3 billion bond proceeds was used for free education, school buildings and Hospitals as claimed by the Hon. Commissioner for finance Mr Chike Okafor, in his broadcast of Sunday, 27th January 2013 on Orient F.M Owerri, will the credit not go to Ohakim?
What happened to the
N3.5 billion from the lease of Adapam that we were told was for the same purpose?
What happened to the proceeds of the lease of our General Hospital?
What happened to the
N400 million flood money?
What happened to
N45 million loan secured from Zenith Bank with the allocation of local government as collateral?
What of the
N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Million) each given to the T.C chairmen from the said N45 Billion loan for the purposes of construction of hospitals in the 27 L.G.A.’s?
Who nominated the contractors handling the projects?
How much has been paid so far? And what is the stage of work?
Why scrap development centres, thereby removing food from the tables of many families?
Where is Josph Dino of Jpros Limited and Imo tax payers
N1.3 billion naira?
Where is Joss Marinlopez-pepe and Imo tax payers
Why is Owerri so dirty?
ORO is it true that you gave a friend job, arranged him to us as beautiful and strategically locate edifice to borrow money from bank? Not only that you did not pay him, that you bought his house from the bank , when the bank advertised the property for sale on the account of non performance of the loan, for his been unable to pay back the loan?
ORO, was it not the same way you cunningly acquired your friend’s Hotel LAMONDE? Lamonde (Abuja) was originally built and owned by a family friend, Chief L. Lar, younger brother to late Chief Solomon Lar. You plunged him into financial crises and later bought his Hotel-Lamonde through the bank. Owelle Rochas Okorocha Habaa!
Why did the Governor sack the acting V.C. of IMSU, Prof. B.E.B Nwoke? May be he refused to be part of the sham called free education.
Owelle Rochas Okorocha who and who were your course mates? What course did you study? And what year did you graduate? And from which University?
Sins of Owelle Rochas Okorocha
1. Building of twenty seven (27) general Hospital with the intention of collection 10% of the total cost. The cost of the Hospital put at 20 Billion. He personally nominated all the contract fees paid to contractors without job being done.
2. Claim of constructing 15 Kilometres of road in the 27 L.G.A’s, the contract fees paid to contractors without job being done.
3. Deceitfully building princess Hotel at Okigwe in which Billions was paid to Spanish company and not much work has been done. Part of the Hotel collapsed few months ago because of the sub-standard job going on.
4. Selling of Government owned companies to his brother and relatives in the guise of lease e.g., ITC Adapalm, Concorde and Imo Municipal transport company. Imo Municipal was setup by Ikedi Ohakim’s administration.
5. Conniving with Contractors to defraud taxpayers of over 10 billion Naira with his rural road projects. When asked, Okorocha will say I don’t know how these criminals came into the system.
6a. Sacking of 10,000 Youths employed by Ohakim.
6b. Sacking of elected Chairmen and Councilors.
6c. Sacking of over 300 Imo workers from ITC
6d. Sacking of all the Concorde staff. The big question Imo people are asking, how many times will Concorde be reconstructed in Okorocha’s administration?
6e. Sacking of all the Development Centers staff and scraping them
6f. Sacking and scraping Imo Elders Council
6g. Sacking and scraping Imo State investment promotion Agency (ISIPA)
6h. Sacking of the Chairman of Imo State council of Ndi Eze Dr. C.I. llomuaya.
6i. Sacking all staff and scraping IROMA
6j. Sacking all ENTRACO cadets
6k. Sacking all city sweepers.
6l. Sacking all water maintenance Technicians and the General Manager of Imo Water corporation.
6m. Sacking all staff of Wonder lake Development corporation etc;
In fact, Rochas has sacked more than 300,000 Imo citizens from employment. He hates the poor
7. Leasing of Imo municipal transport to his brother who happens to be one of his aides, without paying a kobo.
8. Using his son in-law Uche Nwosu, the Commissioner for Lands to acquire peoples lands in the guise of development. Converting of open space to family properties.
9. Selling of 90% of Government vehicles to his business partners in the North there by making Government appointees to use their private cars to do Government job.
10. Building of Maritime University at the cost of whopping N22 Billion with ISOPADEC funds. This project was just conceived by Okorocha to milk the ISOPADEC account dry through variations and collection of 10%, the project is now abandoned.
11. Award of all the jobs in USBEB to only family member.
12. Award of all the jobs in MDG and FADAMA to only family members and friends.
13. Using the construction of international shopping complex at Ama jk to siphon and defraud Imolites N3.5 billion through Mr. Jose Marin Lopez-Pepe and his company Hommipreses ,a poor artisan company based in Spain.
14. ORO why did you destroy our Ama jk park.
15a. Deceiving Imolites over FREE EDUCATION of which 80% admission is given to non-indigenes while 20% to Imo students. Primary 1 to Jss 3 is funded by the Federal Government while the billions claimed to be spent on free education is a scam.
15b. Claims of spending N4b on school Uniforms, Sandals and Canvas to students, whereas only few schools and students in urban area benefited from it.
16. Monies realized from the lease of ITC, Concorde Hotel, Adaplam are in Okorocha’s personal account while no money was paid for the lease of Imo Municipal Transport Company. We are demanding to see the payment slip or better still prove of payment made into Imo State Government Area.
17. Misusing over M1.8 Trillion (Allocation + Loan) from May 29th 2011to Date as many uncompleted projects are scarted everywhere. The total not up to 100 Billion Naira.
18. putting Imolites into bondage by secretly borrowing money from banks in Nigeria and abroad. Refusing to abide to the rules of law by sacking and not reinstating elected local Government chairman with their councillors. Siphoning the Local Government accounts
19. forming 4th tier (CGC) without a 3rd tier (LGA).
20. Improvershing Imolites by doing all the contracts alone through his surrogates.
21. Using tax payer’s money to procure over 200 vehicles for the party-APC Imo State chapter.
22. Owelle have repeatedly told Imolites that part of his achievement is construction of 305 modern school buildings in the 305 INEC wards in Imo State, but investigation has shown that not up to 30% of the project have been completed, ORO why?
23. None of the 27 general Hospital project embarked upon by ORO has been completed for about 3 ½ years of his administration, ORO Why?
24. Imo State General Hospital (Specialist Hospital) Umuguma has gone moribund. The only living things within and around it are bushes, snakes and rats etc, ORO Why?
25. Award of Juicy contracts to family members, e.g
(i) Award of warehouses to Aba road to jpros through Chief Okey Nwosu his brother in-law,
at whopping sum of N1.3 billion for a road that is less than 3km and the
N1.3 paid full in advance,
which led to the blackmail and subsequent impeachment of Jude Agbaso.
(ii) Installation of solar energy street lights from control post roundabout, through Bank Road, Wetheral to Aba road to his Elder Sister Geraldine at a Unit cost of
N1,000,000.00 (one million Naira, for one pole)
(iii) Award of contract for the construction of roundabout to his surrogates at a staggering sum of
N40,000.000 (forty Million) each for a mere roundabout.
26. Attempt to legalize ABORTION in IMO STATE.
SAVE IMO STATE NOW, JOIN HANDS TO KICK ROCHAS OUT
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.