by Isi Esene
The allegations against Banky W and the EME crew over the cancellation of the EME concerts in Canada and California have been proven to be wrong.
Promoters of the EME North American tour, Royal Entertainment, have issued a statement on their company Facebook page last night apologizing publicly to Banky W and the EME crew. The statement absolved Banky W and the EME crew of any blame saying the reasons given for the cancellation of the shows are genuine and unavoidable.
In the press statement, chief promoter and director of Royal Entertainment, Eche-Enzina Emole said:
“We would like to address the allegations that Banky W had never planned to be in California. We have come to find out that this information was 100% false. As you can imagine, my partners and I felt betrayed and went on a public tirade against EME, and Banky W. Sparks flew, tempers raged, and certain statements were issued, on twitter and in the Nigerian Entertainment blogosphere, due to the intensity of the situation at hand.”
Banky W, EME creative director had earlier posted an apology, last Tuesday, to fans on Twitter promising that subsequent concerts will be etched in their memories for a long time to come.
Royal Entertainment also went further to say:
“Allegations were made about Banky’s character, and while we may have believed them at the time, those allegations have proven themselves to be completely untrue. To his credit, Mr. Wellington and EME acted with dignity through the whole ordeal, and Royal Entertainment would like to publicly apologize for the way we handled the situation. Royal Entertainment would furthermore like to publicly retract what we, or any of our affiliates, have said negatively about Banky W and EME.”
The statement concluded by saying:
“On behalf of Royal Entertainment, EME, Alore Media and all parties involved, Royal Entertainment would like to apologize to the fans, and furthermore promise that we will make every effort to ensure something like this will not happen again.”
We gather that fans who bought tickets for the cancelled shows in advance will get a full refund through the various channels of purchase.
When asked about his reaction to the public retraction and apology, Banky W said “We have accepted the apology. It’s time to move on.”
Is something huge came up the same as WizKid is tired?. EME have goofed on this one big time.
So laughable a mile away….
I don't believe Banky W deserved that apology. He exacerbated the situation by denying anyone and everyone a full explanation, and allowed the saga to become what it was. If Wizkid was sick, EME could have said so, rather than saying "Something huge came up" and then blocking Californians on twitter. They have no respect and I'm not giving them any.
Former EME Fan
Leave a reply