by Tope Olofin
Inject your personality, whether its cocky, sweet or nasty. Your humanness get people
So around Christmas last year, I had a quick lesson with Madam Elsie of elsieisy.com
We both wanted to benefit from each other.
She wanted a blog, or should I say a well established blog and I wanted to increase my Twitter outreach, by increasing my followers.
I told what she needed to do and she did likewise. Only I cheated and made notes.
I came across my notes and decided to share with you.
It took me roughly about 3 months to reach the thousand mark, and that’s probably because I wasn’t as consistent as I should have been, but her methods works.
I will be challenging myself in a couple of days to reach another mark, Five thousand followers and I will employ these same principles. I suggest you do the same.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Elsieisy tips for growing your Twitter followership.
One more thing, for this to work, you should have a complete profile and a couple of 100 followers. If you are starting from scratch, I don’t know if this will work for you.
Before you shout foul, I am only letting you know what I had achieved before using these tips.
So here it goes.
- Start with the inspirational tweets or relationship tips
- You can mix up, maybe inspirational today, relationship tomorrow.
- Just encourage people both in day to day life and relationships. You know those words hit people, and they want to know who tweeted them
- Tweet like you are writing, but breaking your write-ups in 140 characters.
- Tell a story, a captivating one that will get people talking. As your follower Retweet, people will follow.
- Get that friend with lots of Twitter followers and ask politely for a Retweet.
- Twitter is most busy on Saturdays. For weekdays, it’s usually best in morning before or a few minutes after 10AM and in the evening from 4 till 8.
- Sound sarcastic but not rude. Become a pro at ignoring idiots because people with low IQs will take your sarcasm personal.
- Be funny.
- Don’t be uptight, you must be able to take a joke.
- Don’t tweet fight, it gives you followers but never respect.
- Talk about functioning topics, the way you see them. Functioning topics from politics, to the next gist about a celebrity, or things happening around you.
- It’s your handle and your opinion, don’t ask for permission.
- Once you spot a tweep that tweets a lot of sense, follow and ask for a follow back, it doesn’t hurt. People feel proud to ask for follow back, I dunno what’s in it o.
- You get more retweets, mentions and favorites tweeting throughout the day than at one specific time.
And that’s about it. I added a just one of my own.
- Inject your personality, whether its cocky, sweet or nasty. Your humanness get people
Did I mention that it will help you get an engaged Twitter crowd and not just a bunch of silly unused and phony followers?
Don’t take my word for it. You can always try it out and see for yourself.
Till the next time I see fit to bug you, remain safe.
Tope Olofin loves to rant. She is a boisterous and hilarious English graduate from the University of Lagos. She believes life’s experiences are priceless and the best way to capture it is by writing. She blogs atwww.toperants.com and tweets @toperants
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.