Name: Greg Ihenyen
Occupation: Architecture and visualization (www.greggihenyen.com)
- Describe you in three words:
Smart, creative, outlier
- Favourite song?
‘This is your life’, by Switchfoot
- Favourite TV show of all time and why?
House – he’s crazy, intelligent, has women issues and shares my name
- Pringles! What’s your favourite flavour?
Don’t have one (Oops, I hope they aren’t one of your sponsors!)
Designing stuff, chatting and listening to audio books (the best way to use up commuter time in Lagos)
- Funniest/naughtiest thing you did as a kid?
There were too many, but let me give two:
I fell in love in primary two, and made a book load of drawings for my crush. I gave it to her, and she tossed my gift back at me. Needless to say she didn’t understand the message I was trying to pass across.
In primary school I was always getting whipped for drawing on my body and uniform. I used pencil, biro, chalk, crayon and anything lese that could write. Those days where fun!!
- Childhood ambition:
To be just like Leonardo da Vinci
- Best physical attribute:
I think it’s either my height or my smile
- Childhood nickname:
‘Giringory’. I hated it. Nearly strangled a guy who called me that in secondary school.
- The colour of your toothbrush?
White with a little blue and green…What’s the relevance here?
- Someone wrote a book about your life. What’s the title?
A Letter to God
- You’re on a deserted island. You can ask for only five things. They are?
Water, an iPod, my mobile phone, my best friend and a blanket
- Which shoe do you put on first?
The right one
- Ever had a poem or a song written about you?
But of course! I wrote it myself.
- Lagos or Abuja?
Lagos man! Abuja – been there, done that, too quiet!
- Suya or Kilishi?
- Do you wink with your left or right eye?
Left. For some reason my right doesn’t wink.
- If you could be born into history as a famous Nigerian who would you be?
- What makes you unique?
I believe in change and embrace it, I believe in life and face it; I am both a realist and a dreamer; there is no one like me.
- Favourite quote?
“If you cant fly, run; If you can’t run, walk; If you can’t walk, crawl; If you can’t crawl, roll; but whatever you do, keep moving” – Johnny Walker
- A random word that begins with Y is…