The envelope containing the names of President Muhammadu Buhari cabinet list is still sealed and won’t be made public until October 6.
However, there have been reports of the possible names on the list, one of which is former governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Taraba, Aisha Alhassan.
Here is everything we should know about her.
- She was the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) Taraba state in the last elections.
- She is an indigene of Taraba state who was born in 1959.
- Started her political career right from her university days, when she contested for the post of Vice President of SUG.
- Alhassan switched to law and was called to bar in 1986
- She was the only female magistrate in FCT in 1992
- She rose and became the first female Chief magistrate in FCT in 1996.
- She was also the first female deputy Chief registrar and Director Litigation, High Court of the FCT in 1997.
- She was appointed the first female attorney general of Taraba state in 1997
- She was also the first female Secretary of the FCT Judicial Service Commission in 2002
- Also the first female chief registrar of the High Court of the FCT in 2003 and retired as Chief Registrar FCT Judiciary in 2009
- Her father was also a known politician during his days.
- She contested for Senatorial seat under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2010 and became senator in 2011.