Federal Judge rejects Trump’s free speech defense in lawsuit

by Itunuoluwa  Adebo

Judge David J Hale in Louisville has rejected President Donald Trump’s free speech defense in a lawsuit in which he is accused of inciting violence against protesters during his campaign.

He was sued by three protesters who say they were roughed up by Trump supporters at a March 2016 campaign rally in Louisville.

Trump’s lawyers argue that when the Trump said “Get em out of here”, he didn’t intend for his supporters to use force.

[SEE THIS}North Carolina repeals controversial bathroom law

A man and two women say they were shoved and punched by audience members as Trump directed them from the podium. The scuffle was captured on video and widely broadcast during the presidential campaign.

The Judge ruled Friday, that the suit against Trump, his campaign and three of his supporters can proceed. He said he found that there were ample facts supporting the allegation that the protesters’ injuries were “direct and proximate result” of the president’s actions.

“It is plausible that Trump’s direction to ‘get ’em out of here’ advocated the use of force,” Hale wrote.

[In case you missed it] Republicans and Democrats willing to work together to help Trump

Two Trump supporters are named in the suit. They are Alvin Bamberger, a member of the Korean War Veterans Association (KWVA) from Ohio, and Matthew Heimbach, a leader of the white supremacist group Traditional Youth Network from Paoli, Indiana.

Bamberger reportedly expressed regret over having been “caught up in the frenzy” at the rally, in a statement to the KWVA last year.

 

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail