by Meghna Mukherjee
If you think that you’ll seem like a retard, singing actually makes you feel good.
1. Buy holiday or movie tickets: Psychologists at the San Francisco State University, discovered experiences that make one happier than objects because the excitement of buying something new fades faster than great memories.
2. Arrange a night-out with friends: Research studies state that the happiest 10 per cent people prioritise relationships with family and friends. Instead of going out for usual meals, try doing something innovative, like going on a long drive or playing chess or poker at home.
3. Decorate your home: One instant way of boosting your mind is by decorating your house. Whether it’s buying flowers or decor items, you can do many things to ensure that you prep up your house.
4. Do a good deed: When you do something voluntary for someone, it gives you a great feeling, something that just cannot be valued in terms of money or goods. Whether it is buying food for the homeless or lending a hand to somebody who needs help — there are many things for you to try out.
5. Sing: If you think that you’ll seem like a retard, singing actually makes you feel good. While most people have the tendency to hum a song while bathing or doing household chores, singing loudly will make you feel happy and also keep you engaged.
Read this article in Times of India
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.