These are the top five stories that drove conversation today.
- FG LISTS 27 INDUSTRIES TO ENJOY TAX HOLIDAY
The Federal Government has announced a list of 27 new industries that qualified for tax holiday after the administrative suspension on processing Pioneer Status Incentives (PSI) applications.
2. ONE PERSON INJURED AS POLICE ATTEMPT DISMISSING ‘RETURN OR RESIGN’ PROTESTERS IN ABUJA
One person has been reported injured on Tuesday, in Abuja, when policemen fired tear gas canisters at protesters.
The protesters, who started yesterday are demanding the return of President Muhammadu Buhari who has been on medical leave in London, the United Kingdom since May 07, 2017.
3. FACTIONAL LEADER OF BOKO HARAM SAYS SHEKAU WILL SOON BE DEFEATED IN RECENTLY RELEASED VIDEO
A factional leader of the insurgent group, Boko Haram, Abu Musad Albarnawi, has said the Abubakar Shekau-led group will soon be defeated by the Nigerian Army.
4. BUHARI SHOULD BE MADE MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, SINCE HE HAS REFUSED TO RESIGN – FAYOSE
Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose has said he was excluded from the delegation that visited President Muhammadu Buhari in London because the Presidency knew he would “definitely reveal the truth”.
5. LASSA FEVER KILLS TWO IN LAGOS, 100 PEOPLE UNDER SURVEILLANCE
Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Chris Bode confirmed this on Tuesday.
He added that 100 workers were being monitored.