These are the top five stories that drove conversations today.
1. We used 10 days to count the N1.2bn cash collected by Fayose’s aide – Witness
A prosecution witness in the trial of Abiodun Agbele, an aide to Ekiti Governor, Ayodele Fayose on Monday said it took them ten days to count the N1.2bn cash collected from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA).
2. Boko Haram tells Donald Trump to prepare for war
Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau on Sunday in an audio message told US President-elect, Donald Trump that “the war has just begun” against the West.
3. Trump appoints Chief of Staff, chief strategist
US President-elect, Donald Trump on Sunday made two key appointments.
Trump appointed Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee (RNC) as his Chief of Staff, while Stephen Bannon, who served as Trump’s campaign chief will be his chief strategist.
4. $30bn loan: Osinbajo in closed-door meeting with Saraki, Dogara
Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo on Monday held a closed-door meeting with Senate President Bukola Saraki, and Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara to discuss the $30bn loan request from the presidency.
5. Oritse Femi stabbed our bouncer for no reason – Quilox
The management of Quilox nightclub on Monday released a statement on the altercation that occurred between some of its bouncers and musician Oritsefemi.
Dolapo is a writer and journalist who works with YNaija. He has interests in Christianity, politics and sports.