Well… if you thought the governor of Imo, Rochas Okorochas was through with statues, forget it – more statues are yet unveiled.
Before we go into that, let’s take us back to how it started.
- The governor of Imo, Rochas Okorocha erected a statue of President Jacob Zuma of South Africa – did not go down well with Nigerians.
- The erection of the statue even degenerated into an argument that set Twitter Nigeria on fire for a while. That argument was between Omojuwa and Okorocha.
- Okorocha later reacted to the backlash, saying… “I owe no one an apology”.
Back to the matter:
- There are more statues to be unveiled by the statue-building governor of Imo, Rochas Okorocha and only one has been unveiled – that is the one above.
- The pictures were acquired courtesy of our sister company – YMonitor – who got the pictures from a journalist with the Economist @rachelmsavage.
1. The eight statues below, seven yet completed.
2. This one sure looks like the outgoing President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
3. Ok, no idea yet who this might be.
4. This looks like a Nigerian activist/nationalist – considering the flag and the attire (agbada), but no idea who that is too.
5. Ok, I am sure you don’t want to ask who this is, at least not just yet.
6. Well, the flag tells us it’s a Nigerian and a Ghanaian, probably Flt. Lt. Jerry John Rawlings, a former head of state and president of Ghana
Let’s wait until Okorocha unveils the rest.