from Circle of Moms
Whether it’s a morning spent tasting fresh fruit at the farmers market, an afternoon passed gleefully riding a carousel, or a relaxed evening walk through the local park, these family activities are perfect (and easy) ways to bond with your loved ones.
When we asked moms to share their absolute favorite family activities, their ideas were a reassuring reminder that sometimes it’s the simplest activities that make the sweetest memories. Whether it’s a morning spent tasting fresh fruit at the farmers market, an afternoon passed gleefully riding a carousel, or a relaxed evening walk through the local park, these family activities are perfect (and easy) ways to bond with your loved ones.
1. “With the addition of my second son about 10 months ago, family activities have definitely gotten a bit more hectic! But nothing beats a merry-go-round. When the kids are bored and the afternoon gets long, we love to go to a local old-fashioned carousel. It’s fun for all ages, and all of my boys (husband included) get a kick out of going up and down and waving at the people in line over and over and over again. If we’re feeling really ambitious, we’ll pack a picnic lunch and make an afternoon of it. But we always wait to eat lunch until after our carousel rides. I’ll spare you the details, but I learned that one the hard way.”
2. My favorite family activity is our weekly Saturday morning trip to the farmers market where we pick up our CSA share and see what produce is ‘new’ that week. My husband usually wears our son in the sling, leaving me free to chat with the farmers, our friends, and to buy more pastries than I probably should.”
3. “I love hiking with my hubby and kids. The kids use up some [of] the energy that they have an abundance of, and we get to see the beauty of Germany.
4. “I love to cook andgarden with my family. Sharing my love of healthy food and learning the process of growing your own food is just invaluable to children. Hopefully it is something that they will carry with them for life.”
5. “Camping. It is time where household tasks and work cannot exist. Just us. Just memories.”
6. “Any activity where I can spend time with my family is a special time for us. We love to go for evening walks together. We all love getting outside and walking around our beautiful neighborhood. My husband and I admire other people’s landscapes and dream of what we could do if we ever had the chance. What I love most about our evening walks is creating wonderful memories of our loving home and enjoying the neighborhood where I will watch my children grow up.”
8. “When I was a kid, it was fishing with my grandparents.”
9. “My favorite activity would definitely be Friday Night Movie Night! After a long week we get a movie from our local library, pop some popcorn in the popcorn maker, and curl up on the couch with the kids. Best night of the week!”
10. “The simplest things seem to be the most fun for us. Getting the boys outside to run around and explore — whether at the park or the zoo, or in our own backyard — it’s so fun to watch them interact and play, and be boys together. It also doesn’t hurt that it burns off some of that rambunctious energy!”
Read full article at Circle of moms
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.