These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
1. “If a wife does what Aisha did to me, she will return to her parent’s house” – Former Chief Whip
A former Chief Whip of the Senate, Rowland Our says he would send his wife to her parent’s house if she speaks against him publicly as first lady Aisha Buhari did.
2. #InTheOtherRoom: Buhari can kill his children – Femi Fani-Kayode
Chief Femi Fani-Kayode has berated President Buhari’s statement that his wife, Aisha belongs to the kitchen.
Fani-Kayode said with such a statement Buhari can kill his own children.
3. How I helped secure the release of #ChibokGirls – Shehu Sani
Senator Shehu Sani has revealed the role he played in securing the release of the Chibok girls.
4. How we will rescue the remaining #ChibokGirls – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said his government will do everything in its power to secure the release of the remaining Chibok girls.
He said this while addressing a joint conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Germany.
5. Sexism: Patience Jonathan warned us about Buhari, but we didn’t listen
Many Nigerians will recall that former first lady, Patience Jonathan warned against voting President Buhari into office as he would send women back to the kitchen.
Well it seems she was right but we weren’t listening.
Dolapo is a writer and journalist who works with YNaija. He has interests in Christianity, politics and sports.