by Rachel Ogbu
Nominations for the first ever Nigerian Lawyer Awards, will begin on May 6.
Nominations will end on Friday 13 June, 2013 and is open to the public by filling the nomination form online at www.thenigerianlawyerawards.com, or by printing out the form, filling it and posting to the organisers, Noetico Repertum Inc., a Law publishing firm based in Lagos.
The event will be held annually to acknowledge and celebrate personalities who have added noteworthy value to the legal profession by their active, excellent and innovative participation in the art and business of law practice in Nigeria.
Awards shall be presented to the overall winners in the following categories:
1. Law Firm of the Year-
2. Managing Partner of the Year
3. Associate of the Year
4. Election Petition Firm of the Year
5. Intellectual Property Firm of the Year
6. Criminal Law Firm of the Year
7. Shipping/Maritime Law Firm of the Year
8. Aviation Law Firm of the Year
9. Labour Law Firm of the Year
10. Human rights Firm of the Year
11. In-House Counsel of the Year
12. Commercial Law Firm of the Year
13. Taxation Law Firm of the Year
14. Electricity Law Firm of the Year
15. Real Estate Law Firm of the Year
16. Law Teacher of the Year
17. Arbitration Law Firm of the Year
18. Oil and Gas Law Firm of the Year
19. Legal Department of the Year
20. Corporate Finance Law Firm of the Year
21. Immigration Law firm of the Year
22. Most Innovative Law Firm of the Year
To ensure transparency and credibility of the Awards, the eventual winners are chosen through the following process:
1. The process commences when nominations open in May 2013. Nomination is open to all persons called to the Nigerian Bar as Barristers and Solicitors of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
2. Upon the close of nominations, the names of nominees will be aggregated and cut down to three based on number of nominations.
3. The names of shortlisted nominees will be published.
4. The shortlisted nominees will be contacted and required to submit their professional profiles.
5. Their profiles will be sent to an independent Jury composed of fifty senior members of the Bar for their final votes.
6. Names of the eventual Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremonies to be held in October 2013.
*This is an advertorial. To place an advertorial, please contact [email protected]