The younger brother of the leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, Emmanuel has asked the army to produce the corpse of his brother if he has been killed.
- September 17, ‘Fine boy’ had said Only my brother can tell Nigerians where he is, I can’t.
- September 18, IPOB says the whereabouts of Mr Kanu unknown.
- September 19, his lawyer says he might have been killed by invading Soldiers.
- Mr Kanu and his parents have not been seen in public since the military raided their Afarakwu residence in Abia, on September 14.
- Speaking on behalf of the family on Tuesday, Emmanuel said it is either they (soldiers) captured him or killed him when they attacked our house. If they captured him, they should release him to the police, and if they have killed him, they should produce the corpse because he was last seen moments before the raid.
- The army has denied keeping Mr Kanu in its custody.
- Kanu’s brother said the family had been searching for the IPOB leader and his parents for two weeks without making any headway.
- He also denounced the “desecration of his father’s palace”, describing it as a dent on the democratic posture of the nation.
The question remains… Where is Nnamdi Kanu?
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram