by Esho Wemimo
What if you woke one morning and couldn’t find your favourite pair of jeans? Freaking out would be the expected response because jeans are deeply ingrained in our wardrobe in this society we live in today.
The denim jeans have been around for decades and it will never go out of fashion; they are young, versatile, comfortable, and durable and most often than not, they look good.
The denim jeans trousers are a classic and also come in various cuts for various body types. There are
1. The skinny jeans
2. The boot cut jeans
3. Boyfriend jeans
4. Flared jeans
Jeans are a great look any day for a casual or semi-formal look. The ‘jeans look’ is for everyone regardless of the person’s age, sex or body type. Ways by which you can turn heads in the popular jeans trend is to be edgy about it, add pieces that really stand out. Here are some examples on how this can be done:
1. Try the ‘ripped jeans’ trend, this is a move only for the bold as it involved showing off some skin. Since not everyone can understand the ‘ripped jeans’ trend, give them an even harder time by accessorizing your ripped jeans with black leather, high heeled shoes, creoles, studded bracelets for the rocker chic look.
2. Whether in high heels or flat soles you will still look lovely in your jeans. The heels work excellently for the jeans, gives it a more sophisticated look, alternate with sandals for a more relaxed look. Even the sneakers look great on jeans. However, it’s to be noted here that chunky wedged shoes do not mesh with skinny jeans.
3. Blazers work wonders to any outfit and jeans are no exception. When choosing to wear a blazer with jeans, they need to be of contrasting colours so that they stand out individually.
4. Unlike the little black dress that completes its elegance with a clutch purse, the denim jeans can be paired with any type of bag a lady owns, it’s such a versatile item that can be paired with just about anything
5. Belts are a great way to draw attention to your denim jeans. An eye catching belt with sequins, rhinestones, studs,or even animal skin belts are really great with jeans. The belts also double as fasteners as they keep the jeans in place for instance, when a lady bends down it prevents her underwear from being exposed.
It’s important that a lady has a pair or more jeans in her wardrobe, it serves as a default outfit and it works every time for the casual, semi-formal look. The denim can be paired with about anything and aces as a great look anytime.
About the author: Wemimo is sociology major, blogger, and aspiring journalist. Music lover, contributor with the aim of owning a 5000 square foot wardrobe, and ridding the world of carrot jeans. I have an ardent passion for top quality art, fashion, and books.
Editor’s note: Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.