The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has been investigating Roberts Azibaola, former President Goodluck Jonathan’s cousin and now they have series of new information.
The agency traced the source of the $40 million allegedly paid into a bank in London.
Here are the 10 discoveries made by the EFCC;
- The cash was wired through Citibank N. A. Canada Square Canary in Wharf London E 145 LB into the account of One Plus Holdings Nigeria Limited of Azibaola.
2. About $6 million of the money was paid to a bureau de change in Abuja.
3. The money was transferred to One Plus Holdings Nigeria Limited with Robert Azibaola and his wife, Stella Azibaola as directors.
4. About $5.5million has been allegedly transferred to Mrs. Azibaola.
5. Azibaola, who was yet to make any refund, has been relocated from Lagos to Abuja in preparation for his trial.
6. Charges have been filed against the ex-President’s cousin at a Federal High Court in Abuja. No date has been fixed for his arraignment.
7. The $40million came from the account of the Special Services Office of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).
8. The Special Services Office has a joint account with the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) and some security agencies, which was managed by ONSA.
9. The $40mmillion was in respect of a contract for the supply of Tactical Communication Kits for Special Forces.
10. No records of contract executed.