Cynthia Osokogu killing: Her mouth was stuffed with hair net and weave-on attachment – Pathologist

Cynthia Osokogu

by Isi Esene

More details have emerged on how Cynthia Osokogu, was killed by two men she met on Facebook.

According to the Consultant pathologist at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Prof. John Obafunwa, late Osokogu’s mouth was stuffed with a black and yellow hair net, a white handkerchief, weave-on attachment and then taped.

Obafunwa revealed these on Friday while showing pictures of the autopsy activities on the late Cynthia from the beginning to the end of the procedure.

He was giving evidence before Justice Olabisi Akinlade of a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja.

The pathologist testified as a prosecution witness in the ongoing trial of the suspected killers of Cynthia.

The Nation Newspapers report it thus:

Cynthia, 24, was allegedly drugged and murdered in a hotel room in Lagos last July by the duo of Okwumo Nwabufor and Olisaeloka Ezike, who are facing charges bordering on conspiracy to commit murder, murder and felony.

Also, Osita Orji, a pharmacist who sold the Rophynol drug to the alleged murderers, is accused of reckless and negligent act, while Nonso Ezike, who pawned the deceased’s Blackberry phone, is charged with possession of stolen property.

The professor of pathology stated further that the late Cynthia’s lungs were heavily engorged with blood weighing 400-500 grammes rather than the normal 250-300 grammes, adding that there were also tiny beads on the surface, which he attributed to blood accumulation called pulmonary oedema.

Obafunwa explained further that there were also tiny beads in the lining of her voice box while the kidney when sliced had dark spots in some areas, indicating a shut down of blood circulation due to shock.

Prof Obafunwa, who was being cross examined by defence counsels, maintained that there was no evidence that the late Cynthia was suffering from any disease like asthma or tuberculosis, based on their examination and microscopic study.

According to him, the seven bruises on Cynthia’s thighs were suspected to be bite marks while when the corpse was skinned, deep bruises, which couldn’t be seen on the skin were found on various parts of her legs.

The autopsy pictures revealed that Cyhthia’s hands were tied with tape and a chain covered with blue plastic wrap and there were bruises at the back of her right hand and her mouth was disfigured.

The pathologist stated that Cynthia’s corpse was labelled unknown when brought in, and that the only clothing she had on was an under shirt with pink stripes

The professor of Forensic Medicine had earlier testified that Cynthia died from asphyxia, that is, absence of oxygen supply to the body, adding that the blockage of the deceased’s upper respiratory airways was the immediate cause of her death.

The matter was adjourned till May 31, 2013.

Follow @ynaija on Twitter


1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.