A young man simply identified as Adakole in Otukpo, Benue State has reportedly ingested insecticide following the freezing of ponzi scheme, MMM, Daily Post reports.
The owners of MMM had on Tuesday announced that withdrawals had been frozen for 30 days.
It was gathered that Adakole had invested N300,000 saved for his wedding on December 28 and had planned to withdraw before the date.
An eyewitness said, “Kole is my childhood friend, we all grew up in Ugbokolo but when he traveled to Abuja to meet with the pastor of his fiancée, he said someone introduced him into the MMM thing but I and his babe warned him but he told us the scheme was not a scam.
“He invested the 300k he was saving for his wedding into the thing and was expecting to get the 30 per cent before his wedding on 28 of this month.
“This early morning, he called me to check the internet if the story of the alleged crashed of the scheme was true, I told him so I heard and he screamed and hung up.
“When I heard him, I knew it was no longer funny, so I had to rush to his house around Sabon Gari to discover that he had taken Raid insecticide. I had to call the fiancée to inform her.
“I had to take him to the clinic where he is currently battling for his life. The babe is already on her way from Abuja,” he added.