Ministerial nominee from Enugu state, Geoffrey Onyeama has been screened at the ongoing ministerial screening.
Onyeama, Assistant General Director of the World Intellectual Property Organization, spoke on Foreign Direct Investment, piracy, Biafra, among other issues, during his screening.
Here are 5 notable quotes uttered by Onyeama.
- We need to reduce our dependency on crude oil and get creative.
2. Nigeria is literally and figuratively the giant of Africa.
3. The President has shown confidence in me, I won’t betray such confidence for whatever amount is put before me.
4. We can use intellectual property to leverage the science, agriculture and other sectors. We can use intellectual property to brand local products.
5. We need government to support the innovative sectors. The Universities must develop intellectual property.