It’s no longer news; every new year is accompanied by all sorts of religious traditions. The king of them all being the announcement of prophecies – a truckload of them from all sources.
And as usual, we went around scouting for all of 2018 prophesies; as many as we could find and compiled them below according to the giver of the prophecy.
Sam Adeyemi: The Senior Pastor, Daystar Christian Centre declared 2018 as the Year of Soaring Higher for the members of Daystar. One of the most notable of Pastor Sam’s prophesies is that 2018 will be a year of massive disruption in the political and economic systems.
Pastor Enoch Adeboye: General Overseer, Worldwide of the Redeemed Christian of God (RCCG) has in his usual fashion released his 2018 Prophesies which he had carefully categorised under Individual, RCCG, Nigeria and International. We had posted his list of prophecies under an earlier post.
Dr DK Olukoya: The General Overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries has tagged 2018 as “The Year of Extra-ordinary turnaround”. Olukoya urged Christians to be more prayerful this year as there will be “death of rebellious leaders and kings, political confusion, great fall for corrupt people”.
1. Year of terrible attack on marriages
2. Year of wild infirmity attack
3. Spiritual weakness would be a tragedy
4. Fingers would be ready to fight.
5. Deliverance from long time bondage
6. Manifestation of the raw power of God
7. Death Of rebellious kings and leaders.
8. Many will overcome generational bondage
9. Tragic year for those with Absalom spirit
10. Disgrace of the strong man of fear
11. Wrath of heaven over sexual perverse nations and leaders
12. Tragic year for Jehazi (fake)ministers
13. Yokes of barrenness will be broken this year
14. Rough year for modern-day Jonahs
15. Animal will pursue hunter
16. Wind blowing year
17. Masquerading captivity
18 Laziness in prayer will cause havoc
19 Stings from strange insects
20. God will stretch out his rod of judgement on Nations opposing God
22. Terror would swallow terror and vomit poison
23. Year of scientific witchcraft
24. Rough year for those given to alcohol
25 Year to cast your net on the right side
26. Year of 1st Samuel 3:11
27. Great fall for those engaged in corruption
28. Strange shifts
29. Divine happenings
30 Global economy downturn (low) if we don’t pray
31. God will raise females prophets or just prophetess
32. Disgrace for hard drug users
33. God will reward those that bank with him (tithers)
34. Personal deliverance
35 Political confusion in the year 2018
Apostle Johnson Suleman: The lead pastor of the Omega Fire Ministries is definitely not left out of the announcement of 2018 prophesies. In his list of 50 prophesies for 2018, he mentioned serial bombings in Nigeria, manhunt against Ekiti state governor, the Nigerian economy amongst many others.
1. Economy to get better in Nigeria in 2018
2. Year of serial bombings in Nigeria
3. Imo Governor to make governorship a family affair
4. Donald Trump’s health needs attention
5. A new strategy of killing perceived political enemies in Nigeria will arise
6. Wildfire outbreak in an American state
7. Manhunt for Ekiti Governor by the Federal Government of Nigeria
8. Government of Nigeria to disobey court orders
9. God says “Let Sambo Dasuki go”
10. President Buhari to be flown abroad on emergency
11. A former Nigerian military President laid to rest
12. Many bloggers to be arrested and jailed
13. Bola Tinubu to have public showdown with President Buhari
14. Robert Mugabe, former president of Zimbabwe, rest in peace
15. Political blackmail to be on the rise
16. I saw two great northern kings in open conflict
17. Church buildings collapse, tears, tears
18. EFCC boss to have major setback
19. Nollywood, new stars to take over
20. 2018 budget, Senate, and presidency lockjam
21. NAFDAC to pray against fire disaster
22. Senate President to be harassed, embarrassed. Many publications and threatened arrest
23. DSS boss, to attend to his health
24. Fresh charges against Abubakar Atiku and friends to be embarrassed
25. I saw major bombings in Egypt
26. Attempt on the life of Chief Femi Fani Kayode’s wife
27. South African Jacob Zuma to be humiliated
28. Atiku’s men will betray him
29. U.K bombings, biggest in history
30. Channels TV in court crisis
31. America, Canada, Asia, to experience hurricanes
32. Ibe Kachikwu to be removed and replaced
33. NTA to pray against losing a top boss
34. Shoprite Lagos to beef up securities, I see a major raid.
35. I see Fulani herdsmen entering Lagos and Rivers massively
36. Oh America, I see war in 2018
37. Let’s pray against train accident. I saw a train going out of the rail
38. I saw the naira gaining relevance
39. I see a new political party that will divide APC and PDP
40. 2019, power will not move from the North
41. I see serious politics against Osibanjo
42. Nigeria pray against air crash
43. I saw a young Nigerian musician experiencing major media attack sponsored by a fellow musician of the same genre
44. Kardashian family, topsy-turvy in 2018
45. I see some Nollywood stars permanently leaving Nigeria for better opportunities
46. 2018, the year of the Army. So much military presence and control
47. Good luck Jonathan should pray not to be bereaved
48. Nnamdi Kanu to be embarrassed both locally and internationally
49. God will give people good health and there will be cure for incurable diseases
50. I see a group rising in the North and asking for their own nation.
Apostle Ogochukwu: We are not exactly sure who he is or what his church; Excellent Christian Ministry Int’l represents. But, when it comes to 2018 prophesies, it would seem like everyone has a say. In his list of prophecies, he talks about probing in CBN, EFCC, bomb explosions and pressure conflicts.
1. It is a year of supernatural surprises
2. The manifestation of God’s spirit and power will be evident and mighty in the lives of many
3. A year of outstanding, debatable, indescribable and terrifying miracles.
4. Many will experience shocking and terrible surprises
5. Many barren women shall be mothers of twins and triplets
6. There shall be a great and deep yearn for God this year
7. The little shall become mighty while the mighty shall be brought low
8. Many shall encounter divine and angelic deliverances and helps
9. Corrupt, occult and controversial preachers shall be exposed and humiliated
10. More scandals in the church will be exposed
11. Genuine young preaching generals shall emerge while the old ones will bow out.
12. Before the end of the year many will shout for joy.
13. The untouchables shall be touched.
14. The govt will deliberately fight the church with terrible policies and actions
15. Secession threats will reduce a bit but will pick up aggressively by the middle of the year.
16. Fresh economic reforms ongoing to stabilize the economy and naira
17. Dwindling economy. Things will pick up a bit and drop
18. The president’s health still not okay, he needs more prayers
19. Many politicians will not finish their term, some will be replaced while some will end up in hospitals
20. Nigeria will begin a serious move in assembling vehicles
21. Service chiefs dismissed and replaced
22. The police force will be given serious attention as corrupt officers will be weeded out
23. The Nigerian military will have huge success in their quest to combating terrorism
24. More arrests of members of opposition party this year
25. More pressure groups coming up
26. Earthquake coming to the north
27. Pray against genocide in Nigeria
28. More bomb explosions and tribal conflicts
29. Probing in CBN
30. Probing in EFCC
31. Pray against devastating fire outbreaks and mysterious floods
32. Atiku will face serious challenges in his quest to becoming president and will be resisted
33. Fayose will face a new task that will lead to his promotion.
34. Serious probing in WAEC and JAMB
35. A powerful occult group will be halted – badoo
36. Many political office holders will be disgraced from office
37. Massive importation, exportation of harmful drugs will be discovered in Lagos
38. Kidnappers dens, kidnappers, church shrines, kingpins, cultists and their sponsors will be heavily caught and exposed
39. Pray against ceaseless tanker explosions
40. More prayers needed for Nollywood actors and actresses against death
41. Pray against death for Yoruba Nollywood actors/actresses
42. IPOB – In their bid to restrategise, there shall be disagreements among top leaders
43. The Nigeria coat of arms -The eagle symbol removed and missing in the spirit. Let’s pray against any threat to our unity. The strength to carry on as a nation should be restored
44. Investors in real estates, agriculture, electronics and marketing shall have high sales this year
45. 9mobile will still face challenges and be sold, MTN and Glo also challenges
46. Another global climatic change that will cause serious panic and problem
47. Volcanic erruption at Vietnam, let’s pray it be averted
48. A little sun shine towards Zimbabwe, all hope is not lost, a new dawn coming.
49. NATO will experience challenges and problems
50. Economic changes and policies in China
51. Global economy will drop drastically
52. Revolution in Europe. I see protests in nations
53. Tecno phones, I see a new massive brand coming out.
54. Devastating natural disasters earthquakes, turbulence, flood and extreme weather conditions, earth burning.
55. Fire balls from the sky, lets pray against global war of nations
56. USA will be attacked heavily but will receive divine help and backing
57. A digital currency will surpass bitcoin both in structure, membership and asset, it’s TBC (The Billion Coin)
Hmmm! Where and when do we start ticking these 2018 prophesies off our list?
At the end, Let God’s word be true and every man, a liar.
Bolu Akindele is a freelance writer and journalist whose work covers religion, human interest stories and development across Nigeria and increasingly, West Africa.