These are the top five stories that drove conversation today.
1. Why our mumu suppose don do for ASUU strike, not Diezani
…But why has it chosen to carry-out sit-outs to urge the return of the former Minister of Education, Diezani Alison-Madueke to the country, when there were arguably other issues which are of more immediate urgency and will rouse greater national attention?
2. “We are receiving people now” | Joel Osteen reacts to claims he rejected victims of #HurricaneHarvey
The Pastor of Lakewood Church, Houston, Texas, Joel Osteen has reacted to a backlash that he closed the church’ doors to the over 30,000 victims of the #HurrricaneHarvey – which has also left ten people dead.
3. What Southsouth, Southeast governors decided at their meeting
The Southeast/Southsouth governors have agreed on a United Nigeria – One Nigeria.
4. Boko Haram: How we survived on leaves and weeds – Escapee narrates
A 25-year-old mother of five, Aisha Bukar on Monday narrated how she was held captive with her husband, mother-in-law and five children by Boko Haram insurgents.
5. Military feeding Buhari with wrong information on Boko Haram – Reps
A member of the House of Representatives, Adamu Kamale on Monday said the military was giving wrong information to President Muhammadu Buhari, about the strength of Boko Haram insurgents.